Meeting Room Policy
The Vienna Public Library meeting rooms are available for use by any group for non-commercial, cultural, informational, educational, intellectual and civic purposes. The Board of Trustees neither endorses, approves, disapproves, nor opposes the views of those groups holding meetings in the Library. Room availability is contingent on there being no conflict with Library programs or meetings, which have first priority, at all times. The Library reserves the right to determine use of the rooms, to assess fees for use of the rooms, and to cancel or reschedule all the arrangements at its discretion, with or without cause or reason, and without liability. The following regulations govern the use of Library meeting room:
1. The Library’s meeting rooms may not be used for political fund-raisers. The meeting rooms may be used for political office holders to meet with their constituents.
2. The Library’s meeting rooms may not be used for religious services. However, committees affiliated with a church (such as a church board of trustees) will be allowed to use the meeting rooms.
3. Facilities will not be made available for meetings where admission is charged or money raised, except in the case of a charitable event, or for a non-profit, charitable purpose. As a public institution, the Library will in no way be available for profit-making purposes.
4. Programs for minors must have responsible adult supervision.
5. The Library Board and staff of the Vienna Public Library shall not be held responsible for loss or damage to any property belonging to an organization or its members. Groups wishing to display or use items of unusual value must show proof of proper insurance.
6. Publicity for any and all meetings shall be the responsibility of the group. Any publicity material used within the library must be approved in advance by the Library Director.
7. Refreshments are permissible, but the “No Smoking” and “No Alcoholic Beverages” rules are strictly enforced.
8. Each group or organization using the room is responsible for setting up the room and for cleaning up. We have a vacuum available.
1. Private and/or commercial groups will be charged $10.00 per hour for use of the meeting rooms. If extra cleaning is required by Library staff, future meeting room privileges may be denied. The group will be held responsible for any damage to the meeting room, except for normal wear. The room and kitchen equipment must be left clean and tidy.
2. Non-profit agencies and social organizations may use the room free of charge. If extra cleaning is required by Library staff, future meeting room privileges may be denied.
1.The group member who makes the meeting room reservation for the group or organization will be responsible for any audio-visual, electrical, or kitchen equipment used during a meeting. The group must request the use of equipment when the reservation of the room is made.
2. Reservations may be made up to 3 months in advance. No group may use the room more often than two evenings per month. Meetings may only be scheduled during times that the library is open to the public and must not exceed library business hours. Exceptions may be granted by the Director.
3. Reservations are not confirmed until the reservation form is completed and any applicable payment is received. The meeting rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to the Library’s closing. Set-up/decorating time must also be scheduled and paid for if payment is applicable.
4. If the use of our audio/visual equipment is required, please inform the Library at the time of the reservation.
5. 24 hour notice of cancelation of a meeting is required before a refund will be given. If circumstances beyond our control, such as bad weather or a power failure occur, your fees will be returned.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in loss of meeting room privileges.
The Vienna Public Library is not responsible for the loss of or damages to any equipment or materials owned or rented by an individual, group or organization using the meeting rooms. Any individual, group or organization using the meeting rooms shall be held responsible for willful or accidental damage to the Library building, grounds, collections or equipment caused by the group or organization, its members or those attending the program.