From the Alzheimer's Association website:
Uncover the truth about Alzheimer’s disease during Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month
June is Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month, and the Alzheimer’s Association® needs your help to uncover the truth about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Everyone who has a brain is at risk to develop Alzheimer’s, a disease that is often misunderstood. Did you know:
• Alzheimer’s is fatal. It kills more than breast and prostate cancer combined.
• Alzheimer’s is not normal aging. It’s a progressive brain disease without any cure.
• Alzheimer’s is more than memory loss. It appears through a variety of signs and symptoms.
During the month of June, the Alzheimer’s Association asks you to uncover the truth about Alzheimer’s and take action.
Ways to participate in June:
• Read some of the critical truths about Alzheimer’s at alz.org/abam.
• Discover how to go purple — the color of Alzheimer’s awareness — on Facebook, Twitter and more!
• Learn how you can move the cause forward on The Longest Day® — on or around June 20.
• Attend or support a community fundraiser in your area to help raise funds & awareness for Hoosiers facing Alzheimer's disease.
• Join us at The Memory Cup golf outing on June 15 and Blondes vs Brunettes on June 25.
• Educate yourself on the 10 warning signs of Alzheimer's disease atalz.org/10signs. Call 800.272.3900 to find out when the Know the 10 Signs education program will be held in your area or to request the program for your group.
You can help raise awareness of the truth about Alzheimer’s. Visit alz.org/abam to get started.
There are currently no news articles.